Pages

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Wicked

While in Chicago a couple of years ago on a band trip my then dd15 went to see the musical "Wicked". She absolutly loved that musical. After telling me about it I couldn't quite figure out the plot and the soundtrack made no sense to me.

At the beginning of this school year my now dd17's Tri-M group discovered the muscial was going to be performing at the Orpheum Theater in Omaha. When she asked if we could go I hesitated; (1) because of the cost, (2) I wasn't really sure I wanted to see it. She used teenage tactics and I caved.

The musical was last Thursday. I thought 'what a wonderful way to spend the evening with my daughter and they're taking a bus up, I don't even have to drive'. Imagine my surprise when I found out we were leaving the school at 10:00, sorry boss, guess I'm taking a vacation day.

Sorry, no pictures from the inside. They take their "No Camera" policy very seriously.

We were sitting up in the 2nd balcony. When I first sat down I wasn't sure I would even be able to tell if there were people on the stage.

Then the production began, it was AMAZING. I forgot I was sitting in the heavens and that was the fastest 2 1/2 hours I have ever sat through.

The singing was wonderful, the acting was wonderful, the sets were wonderful. Did I mention I loved this musical. I could see it over and over. As for the soundtrack, what else-wonderful.

I am so glad that I decided to go to the musical with her. It was a great musical and better yet it was a GREAT day with my dd17. I hope it's a senior memory she'll have for a long time. I know I will.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a cute pic of you and your daughter. I'm dying to see Wicked. The last time it came to Boston, the tickets sold out before I had a chance to get them. I read the book, I wasn't really impressed with it. I'm glad you had a great time!

Kelly the Happy Texan said...

I want to see this so badly! Glad you had a great time. :)

Andrea said...

Glad you guys had a wonderful time together...great pictures. GOD BLESS, andrea

Ina in Alaska said...

WICKED-ly WONDERFUL!!!!

PS I had read the book.... did not like the book, tho..... oh well....