Pages

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

What does HE want you to read?

Hello...don't you just love it when the beginning of the week falls on a Tuesday. The only thing better is when the last day of the work week ends on a Thursday.

I just got done reading Dawn's latest post over at Dawn's Cottage Corner about over thinking. Do you ever do that? I don't over think in general near as much as my hubs however when it comes to my blog I think I do. I have the same problem Dawn has, I'll start a post and think who would really be interested in blah, blah, blah? So as it goes I don't post for a while.

This made me think about why I started my blog to begin with, my goal is to bring the name and love of Jesus Christ to those who do not know him, to share his sense of humor and compassion and to remind all of us that even when it doesn't feel like it - WE ARE NEVER ALONE. It's not about what I want others to read but what HE wants others to read.

With that said:

Hope you all had a great holiday weekend and were able to spend some time reflecting and reminiscing about those who have gone on before us and gave thanks for those who have lost their life to give us our freedom.

Yesterday I went back home and met up with some family. We went out to the cemeteries to put out flowers and to do just that - reminisce. We had a few tears shed but they were tears of love not sorrow. Then we had lunch together before we had to head back home.

Other then that my entire weekend was spent working on a video for my dd17 who graduates on June 6th. If I had a penny for every picture I took over her life time there would be NO worry about paying for college :) Going through photo albums, scanning pictures, organizing those pictures, going through cd's of pictures - I never want to see another picture again. Ok, that was just the sleepy side talking. I have enjoyed going through the pictures of her past and comparing those pictures to the women she has become.

And GET this...my hubs is putting together a scrap book for her. I saw his first page last night - he did a great job. I also have to give my hubs more kuddos: he has painted the family room, taken up the carpet in said family room, moved a 1000 lb piano (3Xs) plus the rest of the furniture in that room, taken down wall paper in the kitchen that was hung with glue that had a vow never to separate from the wall and repainted those walls. Let's give him a hand - I knew I married him for some reason :)

Go forth and have a GREAT day.

Sheryl

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Great post. Hope you have a wonderful week.

petrii said...

I am such an over thinker, and at times it really gets me in some mental quandries. Thankfully my husband has learned to spot my over thinking quickly.

Thanks for the shout out friend!!!

Have a Blessed Tuesday,
Dawn

Anita C. McCants said...

Great post!

I used to over think wayyy more
than I do now. My kids stayed on
me about it until I realized they
were right.☺

Ina in Alaska said...

Hee Hee Sheryl.... my work week in fact DOES end on Thursday!!! But lots of times I go to work on Fridays (after I play tennis from 9:30 am - 11 am) for a bit to help out the hubby, who I work with....

xoxo