Pages

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Peacans in the Cemetery

I am simply amazed at how long it is taking to organized & scan pictures. Between work, end of school year activities, and working on the graduation video I have had no time to post.

Giving honor and glory to God, I have been freaking out from time to time, "how will we get everything done?" It was very stressful at work on top of the stress I have been putting on myself with this graduation and the fact that I did not get to bed until after 1:00 am the night (morning) before, I just sat in my office and started to cry. Then I read a post from Sneaky Momma and God reminded me to be still know that I am God. Later I read a devotion online where God was telling me to invite Him with me in every task I do, I stopped what I was doing and prayed at that very moment. A little later I started to calm down and what seemed impossible became possible.

I thought I was too busy to stop and pray, but then I realized I was too busy NOT to stop and pray . This morning I received the follow email that I thought was cute and wanted to share with you. Have a great and glorious weekend - and remember - invite God in all your tasks.

I'd like to share an email I received this morning:

On the outskirts of a small town, there was a big, old pecan tree inside the cemetery fence. One day, two boys filled up a bucketful of nuts and sat down by the tree, out of site, and began dividing the nuts. "One for you, one for me. One for you, one for me," said on of the boys. Several dropped and rolled down toward the fence.

Another boy came riding along the road on his bicycle. As he passed he thought he heard voices from inside the cemetery. He slowed down to investigate. Sure enough he heard, "One for you, one for me. One for you, one for me." He just knew what it was, so he jumped back on his bike and rode off.

Now just around the bend he met an old man with a cane hobbling along. "Come here quick," said the boy, "you won't believe what I heard! Satan and the Lord are down at the cemetery dividing up souls."

The man said "Beat it kid, can't you see it's hard for me to walk." When the boy insisted though the man hobbled to the cemetery. Standing by the fence they heard, "One for you, one for me. One for you, one for me..."the old man whispered, "boy you've been tellin' the truth. Let's see if we can see the Lord." Shaking with fear they peered through the fence, yet, they were still unable to see anything.

The old man and the boy gripped the wrought iron bars of the fence tighter and tighter as they tried to get a glimpse of the Lord. At last they heard, "One for you, one for me. That's ll, now let's go get those nuts by the fence and we'll be done."

They say the old man made it back to town a full 5 minutes ahead of the boy on the bike!

Author Unkown

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

i laughed so hard when i read the email..thanks for the laugh

Andrea said...

Great post. I hope you dont mind. I posted a link to your blog on both of my blogs in friendly links.
blessings, andrea

Formerly known as Frau said...

That is awesome! Good luck completely all your task...get some rest and have a wonderful weekend.

Ina in Alaska said...

Sheryl glad you are perking up!! Things are never quite as dire as they seem to be. xoxo

Beth in NC said...

Ha! That is cute!

Melissa aka Equidae said...

beautiful :) God can teach us some many things but very few really listen to what he has to say and understand it

missy said...

Love it!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am still laughing! What a hilarious story! I know how you feel--I get task obsessed over big events-I was that way with my oldest sons graduation and recent marriage. Sometimes the best hugs we give our children come out of the tasks we perform. That's probably why we get so stressed out--we so want to lovely on them perfectly!

Juliet Grossman said...

SO funny! Happy SITS Day:-)

Mindie said...

Now that story is funny! I could just picture the old man wobbling away as fast as possible. *wobble wobble* lol Okay, maybe it's just my imagination. =)

Great blog.

Elaine said...

What a cute story! Hilarious. And thanks for the encouraging words...great post.

Chris said...

It's funny how everything can seem so crazy, but if you just ask God for help, it all becomes clear. Great post

Anonymous said...

Cute story and I gentle reminder to not forget Who is important.

Anonymous said...

I forgot to mention "Happy SITS Day!"

Becky said...

What a cute story, lol! Enjoy your day in the sun! Happy SITS day!