Pages

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day


My favorite memory of Mother's Day was when my girls, who were pretty young at the time, decided to make me breakfast in bed. I could hear giggles out in the kitchen and I know dad was probably having kittens. When the time came to bring me my breakfast they walked into the bedroom as proud as if they were bringing the queen her crown.

The cereals was soggy, toast cold and then buttered, eggs, well let just say, they didn't look like eggs and a diet coke. That was the best breakfast I have ever eaten. The love those girls poured into making each and every thing and dad stood back and let them. I will always remember that breakfast.

In honor of Mother's Day I wanted to share this poem I received via email.



Real Mothers


Real Mothers don't eat quiche; they don't have time to make it.


Real Mothers know that their kitchen utensils are probably in the sandbox.


Real Mothers often have sticky floors, filthy ovens and happy kids.


Real Mothers know that dried play dough doesn't come out of car pets.


Real Mothers don't want to know what the vacuum just sucked up.


Real Mothers sometimes ask 'Why me?' and get their answer when a little voice says, 'Because I love you best.'


Real Mothers know that a child's growth is not measured by height or years or grade... It is marked by the progression of Mommy to Mom to Mother.



The Images of Mother:


4 YEARS OF AGE - My Mommy can do anything!


8 YEARS OF AGE - My Mom knows a lot! A whole lot!


12 YEARS OF AGE - My Mother doesn't really know quite everything.


14 YEARS OF AGE - Naturally, Mother doesn't know that, either.


16 YEARS OF AGE - Mother? She's hopelessly old-fashioned.


18 YEARS OF AGE - That old woman? She's way out of date!


25 YEARS OF AGE - Well, she might know a little bit about it!


35 YEARS OF AGE - Before we decide, let's get Mom's opinion.


45 YEARS OF AGE - Wonder what Mom would have thought about it?


65 YEARS OF AGE - Wish I could talk it over with Mom.



The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman must be seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mole, but true beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she shows, and the beauty of a woman with passing years only grows!



What's one of your favorite Mother's Day memories?

7 comments:

Joyce said...

What a wonderful Mother's Day post! I hope your day will be a golden one as the fond one you remember my friend. Happy Mother's Day! xoxo

Ina in Alaska said...

Great breakfast memory!! Not the most delicious, but the most sincere. I can just picture them proudly serving you!

Happy Mother's Day, Sheryl!! xoxo

Deidra said...

Happy Mother's Day! See you in a few!

Kwana said...

This is beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Happy Mother's day to you. One of my favorite is quite scary really is of me trying to feed both babies while my hubby cooked for me and forgot about food on the stove and almost burnt the house down. Very funny looking back now.

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

What a sweet memory!
Happy Mother's Day, Sheryl. :)

Mary said...

Thanks for sharing such a lovely post about Real Mothers.

To all the mothers in the world, happy mothers day!

Ina in Alaska said...

Hi Sheryl, me again... I saw from somewhere that you are getting new carpet on Tuesday!! HOORAY!! I get to do that in the Fall.... Looking forward to seeing a post of carpet day!! xoxo