Pages

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Relief from the heat

There are so many things I am thankful for today; I am most thankful for God's mercy that was bestowed on us.

I am thankful for:
  • Ceiling fans over our beds that helped us sleep when the air conditioner went out.
  • A wonderful husband who had already made plans to have a repair man come out the next day and to make appointments for the dogs so they had a cool place to stay during the heat of the day.
  • Employment for my entire family that involved being in a cool building.
  • Co-workers that put up with my periods of crabbiness due to a poor nights sleep.
  • The opportunity to pray where ever I am.
  • Children who did not complain about the heat in the house or taking the dogs to daycare. Were those my kids not complaining?
  • We only needed to replace the blower motor and not the entire unit.
  • Work was done by the time I got home with the dogs.
Speaking of the dogs, I am so impressed the Kenl Inn. My header picture shows the deluxe accommodations you can choose for your dog. Even though we have only used their services a couple of times I would recommend them to everyone, they really care about your pet.

Here is a picture of the puppies coming down the hall from daycare; the white one in her arms is TJ, the big black one is Jake, and Maddie is the little brown one. Maddie is also the alpha dog in the family.

The dog in the back was a new friend.


I tried to get a picture of the dogs with their new human friend but as you can see they weren't in the posing mood.

What were they looking at?






You even get a report card to let you know how their day was.


Thank you Kenl Inn for providing a cool place for my pets yesterday. I just wish you were closer to our house.

And most of all, I can't thank God enough for all his mercy and grace; our God is truly an awesome God.

9 comments:

Ina in Alaska said...

Great list, Sheryl and a lovely report on the tender care of the Kruse Canines!!! Very nice facility!!

April said...

What a wonderful "Thankful List" and an all-around great post!

Andrea said...

Love your post. Thankful it was not your entire unit!!
Looks like the pups had a great time. Love your furry kids. If you would like to read about my furry kids adventures...go to:

http://andrealuvsallgodscreatures.blogspot.com

Here, you can follow their adventures as therapy dogs. They go into hospitals, nursing homes, etc. to encourage and help humans.

Blessings, andrea

Brandy said...

Oh no! It's pretty hot around here this week...no a/c would make me a very unhappy girl. It's nice to see you are appreciating the "good" parts of it!

Formerly known as Frau said...

So cool my Sophie would love that place!! Stay cool and drink lots of water!!

Unknown said...

I'm thankful for the same thing...ceiling fans above our heads. We live in the desert and it's pretty hot right now!

I'm glad that while you were staying cool at work, your furbabies were having fun at doggie daycare. They got a good report card too. Good for them. I'm afraid that mine would get into major trouble!

Kwana said...

What a cool doggie daycare. Great place to hang out and cool off.

Kaitlin said...

Stopping by from SITS! I laughed so hard about your dogs going to daycare while it was so hot out there for them. You sound like a great pet owner. I had no idea they had daycare for dogs!
Have a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

I am truly enjoying your blog! Your gratitude list is awesome!