Pages

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Storms in the night

B's flight was scheduled in at 10:45 p.m. from the east coast. We were excited when we heard the storm passed over Chicago (usually where he gets held up), his flight will take off on time.

KE's flight from the west coast left on time with a lay over in Denver. Yea, no problems in Denver and she is scheduled in at 11:45 p.m. A little later then I would like to have to go to the airport, but had I know before what was going to happen I would have never frowned at that time.

Anxiously waiting for both to come home to fill the voids they left, I am watching television when those nasty beeps interrupt my show to tell me we are in a thunderstorm watch. It just a watch no big deal right - yes big deal.

The thunder and lightening start slowly but pick up intensity and I've decided to give up the television show and follow the Doppler radar, crap lots of yellows and reds heading right for us. I get a call from B, his flight is now sitting on the tarmac at an airport an hour away. The captain hasn't decided if they will wait it out or use ground transportation to get them home.

Then I get a text from KE, their flight pulled away from the gate, taxied around, and then pulled back into the gate, why you ask - yup you guessed it, the weather here and they didn't want to end up flying into the same airport B did. I love text messaging, through that mode of communication KE kept me updated.

Finally KE texts to let me know they are going to take off. Some where in there B calls and says they're going to refuel and take off, now both are in the air on their way home.

It's after 1:00 a.m. and B calls to let me know he's home and have I heard from KE. I hadn't so I had to assume she was in the air. He decided to leave the airport and we would go back and get her when her flight came in. I no more then ended my call with him when she texted "Here". I immediatley called B to let him know she was right behind him so he could bring her home.

I don't know how they both ended up coming in at the same time. It's not like the distance was the same. The pilot from must have really been flying from Denver (no pun intended). Or, was it a blessing from God?

God is always watching over us.

Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you so much for bringing my family home safe and sound (and at the same time).
Amen.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

GOD's timing is always perfect!! It amazes me time and time again how in the smallest detail He reveals Himself to us.

Blessings, andrea

Alicia said...

I wanted to come and say thanks for checking out my blog!! I can't wait to check yours out...I find that it's the little things we sometimes forget to thank our Heavenly Father for, when they're actually the things that mean the most...

Unknown said...

So glad that they made it home and at the same time too! He has perfect timing, doesn't He?