Pages

Friday, June 19, 2009

California Sunset

After looking at KE's west coast beach pictures I found myself longing for the days of my youth. the carefree days of being on the beach - no worries. I could go to work on 2-3 hours of sleep and keep going through the following night. I didn't let things bother me, what happens-happens.
Where did that go?

When was the last time you REALLY took time to dance, to stop and smell the flowers, to just enjoy God's creation?

Ina over at Ina In Alaska posted a video from you tube a couple of days ago. What a cheery happy video. There are people dancing all over and having fun. I didn't recognize the song but the Holy Spirit spoke directly to my heart through all of the dancing any merriment.

Today, most of us don't take the time to dance. We let the weight of life, the weight of the world pull us down. Worrying about paying the bills, cleaning the house, mowing the lawn, goodness how will we every get it all done?

In Jeremiah 29:11: "For I know the plans I have for you", declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

All God asks is that we keep His commandments, to worship him and to love one another.

1 John 5:3: for this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments; and His commandments are not burdensome.

So why do we make life so much harder on ourselves by worrying? Turn it over to God. I know in some situations I have turned it over and taken it back several times. I find life goes a lot easier when I just turn it over to Him and let it be, but like the children we are we don't seem to learn the 1st time or the 2nd or 3rd....

So how do we truely turn "it" over to God. I am not expert by all means and I have failed several times at this attempt. I just start by saying "God "it's" yours, there's nothing I can do" and then let it be. But more times then not I take it back and start worrying and finding a solution for "it". When I realize I've just taken it back I start from the beginning, "God it's yours, there's is nothing I can do." Sometimes I will go through this process several times before I finally really let it go and let it "God" and stop worrying and except the outcome.

Give it to God - find contentment. We need to be living life to it's fullest, stop worrying and make everyday count. Take time to enjoy the many blessing of God.





6 comments:

Formerly known as Frau said...

I agree with you! More music and dance and sunshine sometimes is all you need. Have a wonderful weekend and dance!

Deidra said...

This post reminds me of one of my favorite verses: "It is for freedom that you have been set free." (Gal. 5:1). Sometimes we just have to let it go. Just like the old church ladies used to say: "Let go, and let God." Truly easier said than done, but what a blessing when we can do it!

Brandy said...

Thank you for the beautiful reminders. More than ever we need to slow down and appreciate what we have!

Ina in Alaska said...

Thanks Sheryl! I happened to hear that song on the radio on my way to work the other day and it just made me so happy I searched for it on You Tube and had to share it on my blog. My office mates and I even danced to it at work, we had so much fun! I also uploaded the song to my iTunes and listen to it every day. Such a happy happy song and the people saying I LOVE YOU makes me feel really good. The song is Say Hey (I Love You) by Michael Franti and Spearhead.....

Crazee Juls said...

so true :)

Thanks for your always kind words. It's comforting to hear from someone who's "been in my shoes"

Kwana said...

It took me too long to read this but I'm so glad that I read it today. Thanks.