Pages

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A night at the ball park

Deidra over at Jumping Tandem talked about Haymarket Park home of the Saltdogs, Lincoln's semi-pro baseball team. I can't say that I'm a die hard baseball fan but when the weather is good I love going to the ball park, eating hot dogs, and soaking in the atmosphere.

What Deidra and I didn't know last night was that we were both at the game. While she was enjoying the game and eating hot dogs with H, Karissa and I were here:


One of our cheerleading fundraisers is selling dippin' dots at Haymarket Park. It's not big money but it does help pay for the uniform and other expenses that comes with cheerleading.

Working dippin' dots is a two man job and 1/2 my team was at cheer camp in Kansas. So since Karissa would fit into Katie's shirt better then my husband I asked her to help out. Doesn't she look excited.


Even though she couldn't wait until the top of the 8th (that's when we closed the stand) I enjoyed myself. I like being outside and meeting all the people, just wish I would have run in to Deidra.

7 comments:

Ina in Alaska said...

How random and amazing! What a small world. You two should get together! I love baseball and I think Dippin Dots are yummy!

Formerly known as Frau said...

Small world! We love dippin dots great idea for a fundraiser! Have a wonderful Thursday!

Andrea said...

Beautiful young lady.
Blessings and prayers, andrea

Deidra said...

So funny that we didn't see each other!

Kwana said...

I love dippin dots! Thanks for the B-day love.

Valerie said...

Sheryl I thought I had already been following you! Well I am now. Hey I remember oh too well cheerleading fundraisers! Dipping Dots are my favorite!!

April said...

Aw, that is too bad that you didn't get a chance to meet up! I don't mind working concessions, either! I like the opportunity it gives me to mix and mingle! I could eat my weight in Dippin' Dots!