Pages

Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Party's Over

The house is quiet, calm and cleaned up. I am more tired then should be legally allowed. My feet hurt as well as the rest of the joints in my body. I am watching tv and listening to my husband making his lunch for tomorrow, tomorrow we go back to our normal routine. The breeze from the ceiling fan feels great, God blessed me today with an open afternoon/evening to just chill out and nap off and on. You now what.....I would do it all over in a heart beat.

My first born has graduated from high school this weekend. Where has the time gone? The time of pig tales, snuggles, and bed time stories. When she was little everyone told us to enjoy those times because they will go by quickly. As a strung out parent of a baby, toddler, teen.....you think "yeah right", but it is so true. (((Hug))) those babies because all too soon they are going to walk across that stage into a new chapter of their life. A chapter of experiencing independence and making decisions on their own (some good, some not so good). A chapter where the parents are not as actively involved in those decisions they make. A chapter of letting them go to develop into the person God wants them to be.

Well Karissa, the party may be over but the journey is just beginning. I love you, and am so proud of what you have accomplished. As this chapter of your life comes to a close a new chapter is opening up wide. God has great plans for you and with His help you can do anything. Remember, God never promised us life would be easy, some days will be very challenging. But during those challenging times remember the following verse, it has carried me through a lot of tuff times, times I just didn't understand what was going on around me.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Live life to it's fullest, follow your dreams, thank God and count your blessings everyday.

Love Mom.

14 comments:

Andrea said...

Congradulations...and yes, now the party begins!!

Kwana said...

Now why are you getting all teary. Congrats to your sweet girl. No young woman! And to you too mom.

Formerly known as Frau said...

Congrats! To a fine young lady may the next adventure be as rewarding.

April said...

Sheryl,
You have a beautiful daughter! What you wrote to her was so touching! I wish her the absolute very best in whatever path she chooses.

Brandy said...

Congratulations...and condolenses. LOL! It's hard to see them grow up so quickly, and yet you're so proud when they do.

I still have one more year and I'm already getting sad just thinking about it.

Ina in Alaska said...

Whew! That was exciting!! Now time to take a break! xoxo

April said...

I can't imagine the day that my kids start graduating, I hope I can make it through it.
Thanks for stopping by my blog! April

Unknown said...

Just Awesome! Stopping by from SITS!

xoxoKrysten said...

Congrats to your daughter! And maybe condolences to you. I remember my folks trying to pretend they weren't crying when I graduated =-( It's both such a happy time and kind of a sad time too.

Helen McGinn said...

Aw, that's lovely and touching. Thanks for stopping by my blog, it's lovely to meet you.
Helen x

Darcel said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Congrats and have fun!

RamblingMother said...

congrats to your baby on graduation. the time does go way too quickly!

Joyce said...

Congrats! You have taught her the best you could now it is her turn to show you what she has learned. A very beautiful girl! Enjoy... xoxo

Susan Anderson said...

Loved this post about your daughter. I remember how poignant those graduations are.

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving your kind comment.

=)