Pages

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Yesteryear

When you drive by an abandoned house what do you think, or do you even give it a second thought?


There are three of these houses along the highway between the city I now live in and the town I grew up in.  I have passed them several times and my mind always goes back to the same questions.



  
To me these houses look sad, where are their families?  

I try to imagine what the families would be like.  What kind of blessings did God bestow on them.  What were the joys and sorrows that were shared within the walls.  


After all these houses were someones home at one time.  What were their dreams what were their failures?  What was the color of the house and how did they decorate the inside. 


My guess is that they were farmers.  The second house still has a partial barn on the land in the back.  I did notice that there is hay in the barn so it may not be original with the house.  

Both houses are close to the highway and rest right next to fields.

If walls could talk, what would they say?  If you would like to make up a memory for one of these houses I would love to post it.  Just email me at sherylk15@gmail.com

Have a great day. 


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Being that I'm nosy, I'd probably try to peek into the house and if it's any way to see inside, I'm there. Then, I'd go into the barn and look around. By that time, I'd have a story ready to share!!

Kwana said...

I always think about what happened in abandoned homes or burnt out homes and what would they be like all done up. I'm the same way.

Jack says hi back to Maddie!

Michelle DeRusha said...

It's interesting to imagine all that happened between those walls -- joys, sadness, sickness, health. It does make my imagination run wild.

And they remind of houses that might show up on the program "This Old House." It always amazes me what kind of results a massive renovation can produce.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

This Ozark farm chick always let's my mind loose when stumbling upon one of these abandoned housed. I have walked inside and imagined what families, parties, weddings and deaths may have happened within the walls. 'Can't help myself, I'm just that kinda chick!!!

From the sunny hills and hollers of the Missouri Ponderosa, Ya'll have a wonderfully blessed day!!!

Velvet Over Steel said...

I had thought about that before too! Even picture the families and their everyday lives were like back in 'yesteryear' in my head.
:-) Very sweet post and blog you have! Newest follower! Hope you're having a Great week!
HUGS,
Coreen

Andrea said...

Oh, how I wish some walls could talk.
Blessings, andrea