Pages

Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Spot Light


The enemy will try to get at us no matter where we are, especially in church; after all he doesn't want us worshiping God and I have let him get to me for some stupid reason for the last 2 weeks. 

B went in and found a place for us to sit today while I took care of some other business. When I came in I found him in the general area where we normally sit. (You know how we always have to sit in the same spot.  Heaven forbid if we sit in another part of the church a meet new people.  We are creatures of habit.) I sat down and looked up at the screen to realize I was right under a spot light; Ugg it's shinning right into my eyes, "Just great", I thought, "How annoying is that going to be?" To be quite honest I was very annoyed, why did he have to pick THIS spot? I didn't say anything, just sat there NOT looking at the screen – then the praise band began.

I stood up to praise and worship with the band; as I was singing I looked up towards the heavens – yes, the light was still there – yes it was still right in my eyes, but all of a sudden I had a sense of peace wash over me. The light no longer annoyed me but comforted me. It was as if the Holy Spirit was shinning down on me and reminding me that we are a congregation of ones; though there is a group of 200+ people in the congregation he loves each and every one of us. 

I couldn't help but wonder if that's what it will be like when we are praising Jesus in heaven.

 
The LORD said, "I will go with you and give you peace." Exodus 33:14

1 comment:

RCUBEs said...

"Where 2 or 3 are gathered, He is in the midst of them..." We can only imagine....But what a wonderful place that would be, to worship Him as one and there is no other light but Him. Blessings to you sister.