Pages

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Job Journey Update

We went to the zoo last Saturday.  Being so early in the season a lot of the animals weren't on display yet - but the weather was beautiful.

Now that I think about it, I think I told you about the zoo in my last post but I just had to show you this picture - there are days when I know exactly how this elephant feels.  He just stood there leaning against the fence with his eyes closed.  Glad I don't have to sleep standing up.



Here's an update on the job journey.  It appears that the permanent position I left (and am now working part time at night) for a three month temporary position is going to close their doors soon.  B and I were wondering if the company wouldn't close before my temporary assignment was over. This confirms that I did make a the right decision of leaving my permanent job for a temporary - I'll be working longer this way.

Tonight at bible study (which was awesome by the way) some one asked what I did for work.  I hadn't talked about my job journey with this group yet.  I told them that in a few weeks I wasn't sure what I was going to be doing and proceeded to explain.

One of the ladies in my group told me they have two position open in her company.  She gave me her email address and told me to email my resume to her and she would turn it in as a referral - Praise the Lord.

I don't know if this will be my next step of the job journey or not, but it give me hope.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! He sure knows the plans that he has for you!!! I believe the doors will open for you. Keep us posted on what happens!

Formerly known as Frau said...

Congrats....sometimes it's no what you know but who you know! I really think a lot of jobs are filled that way word of mouth. I'm crossing my fingers and toes for you.

Kwana said...

That is good news. You never know how HE is working. Best of luck.

Maxmom said...

Holding thumbs that it all works out for you!...

...I truly hope that Ele' is not alone. They are such communal creatures. By the size of his/her tusks, I imagine that Ele' is very old. Did you know that Ele's are born with a few sets of teeth which grown and fall out throughout their life. When the last set of teeth is chewed down, it's their time. It's quite amazing...in the wild they have their own 'Elephant graveyard' where each year, en-route across the plains the herd passes by and pays their respect to their departed companions by picking up and touching the bones....
We certainly live in an amazing world!

Lotsaluv to you
MAXMOM IN SA