Pages

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Testimony - God Given Strength


No matter how we feel, God will give us the strength we need to accomplish His will.

If you have been following my blog at all you know that I am in the process of trying to lose some weight and becoming more fit. I have gotten to the point where I can only stand or walk for about 15 minutes before the small of my back starts killing me. If I am standing in one place I have to sit down for a few minutes to give my back a break, and if I am walking it just plain hurts and sometimes is a challenge to keep walking. I haven't decided if I have a medical problem or I am just that out of shape after a long, inactive winter. I am choosing to exercise for a while and try to strengthen my back before I go to the doctor.

Anyway, Sunday morning (Resurrection Sunday) I was rehearsing with the praise team, about 45 minutes later we concluded that rehearsal. Then it dawned on me, my back didn't hurt once during that time not so much as a little ache, I never even thought about it.

Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.


Later that day while doing the dishes my back ached as always....need I say more, God will get us through what He wants us to do.

Psalm 69:30
I will praise God's name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving.

Sheryl

4 comments:

jubilee said...

Oh, I know the feeling. After my first pregnancy I injured my back and it seems to be a recurring problem.

Lately, I've been doing yard work and I've only been able to trim two or three small bushes before I have to take a break.

It makes walking the treadmill and doing Turbo Jam quite a challenge.

Kwana said...

That is so interesting. We often don't feel the pain until we stop moving. You do what you have to do. It's like that for my migraines. I've lived with them since age 8. It;s worse for me when I stop moving and feel the pain. I still have a family to take care of and I have to do that so I do.

When you're happy you can so a lot more. God will see you through. Still see your doctor and have things checked out. Remember my back. Things started small in my toe and them I could not walk for a week. Be careful please.

Aubrey said...

Amazing!
How true though, isn't it!

I know you can do it!

Deidra said...

I'm with Kwana...check with your doctor, praying as you go!