Pages

Sunday, December 28, 2008

A Mother – Daughter Moment

Holidays are a time to share with family and friends and make memories together. Today was on of the memory making days.

My family and I went to see the movie "Marley & Me". You can see a preview of the movie here. I had already read the book so I knew what to expect but what I didn't expect was sitting in the theater sharing a good cry with my oldest daughter. The tears were just streaming down both sides of my face; I would look at my daughter sitting beside me and find the tears running down her face just as quickly. We would look at each other and then start to laugh.

During the teenage years mother/daughter moments are sometimes far and few between especially during their senior year when they are trying to spread their wings of independence as far as they can. I'll take those moments whenever I can get them, even if it means crying in the theater together.

By the way, the movie was great and I recommend it to all dog lovers, especially if you have a larger dog. As usual the book gives more detail so I suggest both reading the book and seeing the movie.

We are never alone.

1 comment:

Deidra said...

I told you to take your tissues!