Pages

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Time Stealer

What is with this "time" thing. I know, I know, we all have the same amount of time each day. It's what we do with that time. But I am here to tell you, someone is stealing my time!

I decided this morning that once I no longer have children to get out the door on time for school I will probably always fight to get to work on time. That is not my natural tendency. I am the one that would much rather be 1/2 hour early then risking be late.

The kids are on fall break this week, yea for them no 7:00 am band practices, rushing to get out of the house on time. Yea for me, I don't have to get up with the chickens (or before as it feels) to make sure they get out of the house. In reality, boo for me, lets see....hummmm....how late can I lay in the nice warm bed dozing in and out before I HAVE to get up? 7:02 a.m. in NOT the answer when you have to be at work by 8:00 a.m., and each morning this week it's getting later. I'm already putting my make-up on at work, what's next just going in my pj's and getting dressed there too?

Ecclesiastes 3:1 says:
There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heaven:.....

Due to work, cross country, marching band, cheer, family, and church this past week I, along with my husband, have been gone more then 14+ hours a day for 5 out of the 7 days. Don't misunderstand I'm not complaining (ok, during that time I was complaining), but really how does one get their underware cleaned with that schedule. Some of the events were out of our control some were not. I am happy to say with the arrival of fall our schuedle has just slowed down tremendouly. But, what will I do with that time?

I could do all sorts of things, I could blog my heart out, I could read, clean my house and yes laundry is number one on the list. I could even find the time to spend with God, there's a noval idea. As I was laying in bed this morning, dozing on and off, I can't tell you how many times I started my prayers. I didn't even change the prayer, I just kept starting the same way over and over. I guess I was REALLY thankful for the warm comfortable bed that was going to make me late for work.

We can list all sorts of things that steal our time, and come up with all sorts of excuses but the biggest time stealer of all is - Satan. He loves it when we preoccupy ourselves so much that we don't take time to be in prayer as we would like, spend time in the Word, and mediate on what God would like us to do. We are so "busy" that we miss God and Satan is loving that. As I look back on this last week, I am sure I made him very happy and it makes me want to cry. Look at everything God has done for me, the mercy and grace that He has shown, and I repay that with a quick simple prayer. Yes, I meant what I prayed but was it really from the heart or just done in rote?

Well I am DONE making Satan happy. God is a marvelous father who only wants the best for His children. He made the biggest sacrifice anyone could make - His son Jesus Christ. He deserves all our praise, worship, prayers.......

I hate feeling tired and I don't push through it very well and Satan knows that and uses it against me all of the time. This morning was a good example, I never got my morning prayer finished because while in bed I kept falling asleep and once I realized what time it was I was too rushed to pray, big mistake. The enemy actually kept me from my prayers this morning using sleep and time against me....ugggggggg.

It's time I learned to say no more often, to slow down and aim for simplicity in my life. We don't have to be busy to be important or to feel like we are accomplishing something. God just doesn't work that way.

What does "No" look like? I'm not quite sure because we all have responsibilities to God, church, family, children, and other organizations that we enjoy. Maybe the first "No" is to decide if the organizations we are giving our time to really bring us joy.

For me the biggest and most important "No" goes to Satan. I am not going to let him steal my time. I can eat better and exercise which will help take care of the fatigue and sleepiness. I am a born planner through and through but the "busy" has redirected my path in that respect also. It's time to get back on the right path and that path is walking with Jesus.

There will be times when we will be "busy" and no way to get out of it. In those situations we need to go to God first and ask Him for his help to get us through it, don't wait until we are waist deep.

Deuteronomy 6:5
Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.


No comments: