Pages

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Taking the time to understand

Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule over me. Redeem me from the oppression of men, that I may obey your precepts. Psalm 119:134-135

Have you ever read a beautiful Bible passage only to get to the end and only think you know what the word means. You proceed to look at the bottom of the page only to find out that it talks about the verse before and after the one you need some clarity on.

For me this morning it was "precepts". That is not a word that is used in everyday conversation, or at least not mine. So, thanks to Google here it is:

"A commandment, instruction, or order intended as an authoritative rule of action."

God has shown me this morning not to just read the words but to truly take the time to understand what the words mean and then what He saying to me.


Dear Heavenly Father, Thank you so much for watching over us through the night. I pray that you will go before us today as we journey through life, and I am thankful to know that should we stumble and fall you will be there to pick us up, brush us off, and set our feet on your path once again. Amen

No comments: