Pages

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Thank You God


For those few of you who know I started this blog, I am sorry that up to this point it has been blog-less. I don't even know if that is a real word, but for today it is.

I want to take this time to publicly thank God for everything he has done, is doing, and will do for me, my family, my friends, my church....the list is endless.

Over the last couple weeks I have been trying to step back and look for God in my life on a day to day basis and guess what, He's there. We only have to slow down and look for Him. I have seen many blessings in those couple of weeks. I have made new friends from Africa, spent time with present friends as well as friends from my past, and spent quality time with family. He has help to relieve anxiety, dry tears and help me put events of my life (that I didn't handle so well) into perspective.

God has blessed me with a wonderful, faithful, God fearing husband and two wonderfully healthy children. I have a roof over my head, a warm bed to sleep in and food to eat (at times-too much food to eat).

God is always with us, we are never alone. So when your having a hard time, stop and look for Him. He is there, we just have to look for Him and trust.

My goal is to deepen my relationship with God. I need to slow way down, be quite and listen. Enjoy the simple pleasures He offers us. God is not an on again off again kind of god. We shouldn't be an on again off again follower-just when it fits in our schedule. Our lives are busy, and with the type of schedules we have we can't afford not to start and end our days with the one who gets us through them.

God, I love you and I am dedicating this blog site to YOU to use as you see fit. I pray for inspiration and wisdom that I may reach those YOU want me to reach with the words YOU want me to use.

John 15:1-8

1 comment:

Deidra said...

Welcome to the blog-o-sphere! I'm glad to know you're out there. I'll be checking in from time to time to see what's going on in your head and heart. God bless!