Pages

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Randomness

Every artist was first an amateur.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
______________________________________

I can not believe it's been a week since I last posted.

Who says date night has to be on the weekend. Tuesday afternoon I got a wild hair and called B at work, naturally I got his voice mail. So I just told him we were going out to dinner and a movie. We had a great time. We grabbed a sandwich and made a 6:40 p.m. show. Since B gets up at 4:30 in the morning he prefers the earlier times which is fine with me. We saw Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince. Since I had read the book 2-3 times I was a little disappointed in the movie. I don't want to say much in case you haven't seen it yet and want too.

One of the reasons I just picked up and decided to go to the movie in the middle of the week is because we are getting a taste of the empty nest. DD17 is a counselor at camp this week and the other dd is never home. Now I have to be honest, I am having a hard time with the first one leaving for college. It doesn't matter that she's only ten minutes away. It's just weird thinking that she won't be home a night - her life is hers. I'm the one that cried all the way home when we first dropped her off at camp after she finished the 3rd grade. I felt like I had abandoned her in the woods. Thought I do have to admit this last week has helped me make the adjustment for when she moves into the dorms next month. Oh yeah, my house stays cleaner when shes gone. How sad it that?

About two weeks ago I started cutting back on caffeine and have had no caffeine for five days now; I feel wonderful. I have also practically cut out pop (soda) and have increased my water intake 100%. I feel so much more alert and have more energy. I actually care now. So if you're in a slump you may want to check out your diet. After I have been doing the no caffeine and pop thing for a while I'll move on to eliminating another poor food choice.

Yesterday would have been my mothers birthday; she would have been 68. It doesn't seem like she has been gone already for 22 years.
"Happy Birthday Mom".
That reminds me, on the first birthday after she passed away I went to the florist I bought some flowers and balloons to put on her grave. I put everything in the car and decided it was such a nice day I would put the top down-never say the balloons again.

Anymore randomness and you would probably go crazy so I'll just call it good.

Sheryl

5 comments:

Lee said...

Good for you for cutting out caffeine! I have stopped coffee and now only drink green tea, but I can't give up my diet coke!!

Ina in Alaska said...

Oh wow your mom died so young. Glad you went with a good spur of the moment activity with your sweet husband. Very fun to be in the moment!! xoxo

Collette@Jesuslovesmums said...

I think you are doing fantastically well cutting out all that caffeine! Wish I could do that but I just can't while I get up at 5.30am with two small kids!

Love Collette xxx

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

Sounds like your balloons made it to your mom afterall. :)
I've heard all about the movie. Blech. Still can't wait to see it, though. Not-up-to-par Harry is better than no Harry at all. :)

Gratitude Gal said...

I agree, I think your Mom was laughing when your balloons went skyward!
Cheryl