Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Making Memories

It seems like after this school year life as I know it will change.  Big K is getting married on New Years Day and Little K will graduate from high school at the end of May.  Even our exchange student L will be going back to Germany in June.  I'm going to go from three kids in the house down to 1 during the first week and June and then 0 in August. 

God has blessed me with wonderful children who are no longer children at all but beautiful young adults.  The hour glass of life is just moving too quickly for me.  So with that said - I put the hour glass on it's side to stop time for a day.  It's fall break so the Little K and L had no school, Big K was done with classes at noon and B and I took the afternoon off from work.  We loaded up the van with jackets, hotdogs and chips and headed to Vala's Pumpkin patch for a family day of fun.


On weekends it is nothing to wait for 45 minutes for traffic to move just to get a parking spot and walk yet another who knows how far.  But on a Tuesday we were blessed with a front row parking.  









Originally when I reserved a fire pit we had about 10-15 people coming. Since plans changed and we were down to 6 they changed our location - again what another blessing.  It was beautiful and full of color.










We went to the Pig Races.




Played in the corn. 

Ate Smores.....                                          



And just acted silly.... 

And of course we had to go out to the pumpkin patch to find that PERFECT pumpkin.




 It was a wonderful day.  One I will hold dear to my heart for years to come.  Thank you Lord Jesus for the beautiful fall day, the wonderful colors, and being able to spend the time with my family.


5 comments:

Kwana said...

This look like a perfect day. What a great idea.

Joyce said...

Oh my friend this did look like the perfect day! I love how you know that you are so blessed and may you be double blessed tomorrow. I can't believe big K's wedding is just around the corner. Exciting! xo

Unknown said...

Family time together, making memories. Loved this! What were the girls jumping into?

Ina in Alaska said...

Thanks for sharing! Such a lovely family and exchange student! Yes, life changes in the blink of an eye, dear friend. xoxo

Formerly known as Frau said...

Perfect day and making memories to last a life time! Have a wonderful weekend!